About the Program
College Acting and Musical Theatre Degree Programs have become as competitive as Ivy League schools, with more than 2,000 students auditioning for only 20 Freshman slots! Acceptance decisions are made based on a TEN-MINUTE Audition/Interview with no callbacks. To be truly competitive, students need guidance and training to prepare for this process and guarantee success, and MTC’s College Bound Program is simply the best training and guidance available!
MTC’s College Prep Program is a must for students and their families interested in pursuing an acting or musical theatre degree path in college! Program Alumni have been accepted into the most elite Performing Arts Programs in the country including NYU, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, Boston Conservatory, Northwestern University, University of Michigan, Syracuse University, Emerson College, Muhlenberg College, Ithaca College, and University of Miami. MTC boasts a 100% placement rate and has developed personal relationships with more than 25 college music and theatre departments! MTC’s College Prep Program gives even the most gifted students the optimum edge they need!
The Foundation of College Selection and Application
College Bound alums have been accepted, are attending or have graduated from NYU, Northwestern, Michigan, Carnegie-Mellon, Emerson, Muhlenberg and Syracuse! Are you next?
Designed for high school sophomores and juniors and their parents, this two-hour seminar is the first step in your college process including where to start, what to ask, who to call—the performing arts college process start to finish! The seminar covers crucial elements of performing arts degrees school or academic college counselors don’t know, including:
- Specific information on more than 50 colleges and their programs
- Timing—much earlier than you think!
- College department philosophies—Finding the right fit is crucial to your success
- Senior career transition opportunities
- Unique elements to performing degree programs you won’t learn from high school counselors
- Vital information on applications and auditions
- Separating college marketing from the reality of the programs and much, much more!
Next Seminar: Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 10am
Tuition: $125/family (credited back if you register for the full College Bound program)
MTC's College-Bound Junior Package provides vital training in voice, acting and dance for the career-oriented student. The Sophomore/Junior Package also includes ongoing private consultations with families including individual profiling of students based on learning style, career path, degree criteria; identifying target programs, development of college visit list and ultimate audition list.
Sophomore/Junior Package includes...
- Private voice (30 minutes per week)
- Advanced acting class (90 minutes per week)
- Teen dance class (90 minutes per week)
- Three hours of private college consultation (per year)
- The College-Bound Seminar
MTC's College-Bound Senior Package provides comprehensive, individualized creation and direction of your complete audition development package. This program includes 18 weeks of training, taking the student from the application process through creation and submission of pre-screen videos, headshot and resume production, audition wardrobe and styling, coaching and interview skills, and selection/coaching of audition material and technique. Specifically, the package is as follows ...
- Private monologue and song coaching (18 half-hour monologue coaching sessions and 18 half-hour private voice coaching sessions)
- Selection and development of audition material
- Development of interview skills
- Production of headshots and resumes
- Production of pre-screen videos
- Special college dance audition classes
- Ongoing private consultation including step-by-step scheduling, strategizing and creating college program auditions
Over sixty MTC alumni, including . . .