|About Music Theatre of Connecticut School of Performing Arts
MTC’s School of Performing Arts trains over 500 students/season and more than 4,000 people attend the seven full-scale musical productions each year. MTC students have presented more than 200 productions including The Music Man, Once on this Island, Oliver!, Fiddler on the Roof, Working, The Wiz, Guys and Dolls and Funny Girl. Alumni of MTC’s College Prep Division have graduated or are currently pursuing performing arts degrees in top-tier programs including those at the University of Michigan, Boston Conservatory, Syracuse University, NYU, Northwestern
University, Carnegie-Mellon University and Emerson College; others can be seen on Broadway, in regional theatres throughout the country, on television and in feature films.
The MTC Difference
Why Choose MTC for Your Child’s Performing Arts Training?
MTC celebrates more than twenty years of successful performing arts training with over 6,000 alumni!
MTC builds a strong sense of self-confidence, esteem and character through the craft of theatre and musical theatre.
The MTC family provides the best professional conservatory training that money can buy!
Plus . . .
- A positive, nurturing, non-competitive learning environment
- A well-trained, experienced staff of performing professionals
- Convenient afternoon and evening classes for all ages and abilities in acting, musical theatre, TV and film, improvisation, voice and special introductory classes for 4-6 year-olds
- Two full-scale productions of major musicals each year
- Small, individually focused classes
- Student evaluations twice yearly to assess progress and review goals
- Parent Observation Week at the conclusion of each semester
- Three Summer productions culminating in public performances
- Private Lessons and Special Master Classes
- Nationally-recognized college prep program and consultation